December 22, 2011
Happy holidays to all of the four legged and two legged friends of House vets. It is or hope that you have a safe and blessed Christmas. We are enjoying the many gifts that you brought to the clinic this year and are so very grateful. One of our gifts was a beautiful poinsettia. Many of you are thinking..."Aren't those toxic?" Actually, they are not! Like the Christmas cactus, mistletoe, and holly, they will not cause serious harm to your pet. Should you encourage then to munch away? No. These plants will cause a tummy ache if a large quantity is ingested, but a trip to the emergency is not typically indicated. So for all you plant lovers...love on. Enjoy your poinsettia. We sure do!
Please be sure to fill in all information. Comments are moderated. Please no link dropping, domains as names; do not spam and do not advertise.